Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 30, 2013 Pedestrians#Safety

Pedestrians, New Orleans
My goal today was to let pedestrians cross the street safely. It seems a simple and courteous action to stop your car when people are waiting to cross the street or let them pass before turning into a parking lot. I must say that after my walk this afternoon, I thought I must be invisible. Few drivers stopped to allow me to cross in marked crosswalks and two drivers, both in big trucks, nearly hit me by turning in front of me. I survived; I didn't shout out them, but it furthered my resolve to pay more attention to those on foot. I took the time to let all the walkers, slow and fast, arrive safely at the other side of the street. Most of them smiled and waved, appreciating a driver who is willing to stop.I hope you will join my efforts in looking out for those who are walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment