Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 17,2013 Parking Meters#Change

The parking meters in the little Olympic village of Lake Placid are confusing, and to make matters worse they usually do not take bills.I came upon a small group of people trying to decipher the instructions with the glare of the sun on the screen making it nearly impossible to read the tiny letters. The first man was successful, but the next young couple was stuck because they had no coins. My pocket was filled with quarters for the meter,so I gave half of the change to them. Coincidentally, as we were making small talk about where we lived, they informed me that they reside in the village five miles to the west of mine, and attended the school where I taught. They wanted to pay me in dollars for my change, but I refused saying "have a great stay in Lake Placid". It is nice to be in the right place at the right time to make a visitor feel welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment