Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Thursday, July 25, 2013

RAK#rejection

Empty Chairs in the Adirondacks
I am disappointed to admit that my acts of kindness did not go well today. I was in a tourist town, so perhaps visitors to an area are less receptive to gestures of goodwill. First, I offered to help a woman who was struggling to carry her kayak up an incline. She smiled and said no. Next, I saw a young mother holding an infant and trying to push her older child on the swing, so I asked if I could help by pushing the swing. She politely replied no. Finally, I witnessed a bicyclist descending the hill when the tire popped. He worked on replacing it for at least twenty minutes without success. I walked over to ask if he wanted to wait on our porch until his friend arrived, but he said no. I guess there are days when actions of kindness are rejected. The desire was certainly there, and a willing hand was offered, but, alas, the intended recipients declined.

No comments:

Post a Comment