Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 16, 2013 Hot Summer Day#Pizza

It was another hot, humid day, and the thought of cooking was unpalatable. Appetites are suppressed by the heat; no one wants to spent time in the kitchen near a stove, and even the idea of grilling is not appealing. The closest restaurant to us is a pizza joint owned and run by a local family. The decision to order this take-out meal was made easily. A former student was working when I arrived to pick up my pizza, and it was pleasant to chat for a few minutes. He had a quizzical look on his face when I ask him if he had another order waiting to be picked up. Yes, there was a pizza ready for a hungry family, so I broke a large bill, paid for our food, left some to help pay for the order of the man who was arriving imminently, and put the rest in the tip jar. As I climbed in my van, I could hear the employee explaining that a portion of the bill had been paid by a stranger. Double RAK this evening- sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment