Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4, 2013 RAK on Independence Day

Vermont
It seemed like a great idea to attend the parade taking place this afternoon in the city to south. Celebrating the birth of the United States would be a wonderful experience to share with fellow citizens even if the weather was questionable. It was raining when I departed, but I knew I would drive out of it, which I did. As I parked in front of a house where a woman had arranged a small garage sale, it began to sprinkle, so I asked her if she wanted help moving her items to the porch. It took us about ten minutes to relocate the objects. I found an open spot on the parade route quickly, and then the rain began. I had brought an extra umbrella which I offered to a family nearby. They gave up waiting after twenty minutes, and I insisted they take the umbrella with them. Sheltering a lively three year old whom I had never met before under my umbrella, I visited with those around me while Mother Nature put on an electrical show in the sky above us. Despite my love of rain and with no parade in sight, I, too, decided to leave. It was a perfect opportunity for random acts of kindness, but difficult conditions for viewing a parade. Happy Fourth of July, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment