Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 9, 2013 Friendly Receptionist#Recognition

Restaurant Chef, New York City
I have much admiration for individuals who work in offices where many of the clients are people with varying degrees of disabilities. It must be difficult to see these people month after month struggle with many daily functions. The health care center I visited today has a receptionist who is professional, personable, and compassionate. She puts the patients at ease with a smile and a quick joke as she checks them in and completes their paperwork. I noticed the office had a form that could be completed recognizing employees who deserve to be applauded for their demeanor and work. I took the time to write a description of this woman and how she makes me feel less stressed about being there. I placed it in the box hoping that she will enjoy the kudos. It only takes a minute to let a manager or a store owner know what a great job their employees are doing, but it can make a huge difference in how these workers feel about their positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment