Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

July 2, 2013 Believe in Zero

Child, Tanzania
Today I took some time to better understand the plight of thousands of children around the world by studying the UNICEF website. This organization works in over 190 countries to fight for the survival of vulnerable children providing education, nutrition, immunizations, and water. I registered to be a UNICEF volunteer and plan to organize some events in my region as well as present classroom lessons to local students advocating for the well being of these youngsters. I also signed the Believe in Zero pledge which states that "even one preventable child death is too many." I encourage all of you to sign this pact, support these programs that will make a difference, and hug the little ones who dear to you. All children deserve a safe and healthy start to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment