Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 12, 2013 Mother's Day

Lake Champlain, NY
It was a beautiful day to celebrate motherhood. I was fortunate to be able to spend the afternoon with my husband, my oldest son, his wife who is the youngest mother in the immediate family, and my granddaughter hiking along the shores of the lake under the large stands of hickory trees. It was a perfect occasion to reflect on the joys of being a mother. The connection between mother and child never diminishes despite the years passing by and distance causing separation. When I talked to my mother today, I felt as if she were sitting at the kitchen table with me sharing stories as we love to do. We have lived 3,000 miles apart for thirty years now, but the bond remains tight. I also made the effort to reach out to my sisters-in-law and my sister to wish them a joyous day for they are wonderful mothers raising a crop of healthy, caring, and active children. And to my own children, my conversations with you today were beautiful.  Mothers are often taken for granted, and a little recognition allows them to know how important they are to all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment