Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013 French 4 Fashion Show

Show Practice in the Hall
I have learned through my many years of teaching that there are some traditions that must be continued. It began more than twenty-five years ago as a simple in-class activity to help students learn vocabulary words for clothing and write descriptions. Now, decades later, the children of those first students are still producing the "fashion show" for audiences of over three hundred peers. The production took place today, and I was letting my students in to the building ninety minutes before they normally arrive. They came to practice, to release stage fright, and just to have plenty of time before the performance. I took the first few to our school store and bought them  beverages. Their excitement was contagious, and while sipping our hot drinks we shared laughter and camaraderie. I believe making learning fun is a memory that will remain with them for years to come.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment