Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Friday, May 31, 2013

May 31, 2013 RAK for final day of May

Quenching Thirst, Africa
It was a busy day with plenty of opportunities for random acts of kindness. I was able to help a colleague with a ride early this morning, which gave us a chance to visit since we often don't get to see each other during working hours. It was a scorcher of a day here, and many of the students had to run their timed mile in gym. One boy arrived to my class looking exhausted and overheated with sweat running down his face. I quickly handed him a dollar and told him to go buy a bottle of cold water. Finally, as I was driving away from school, I noticed two of our pupils strolling slowly on the shoulder of the road. Ninety degrees is too hot to walk two miles to the next village, so I gave them a ride. Thus ends another month of little acts to brighten someone's day. I am looking forward to the next month's adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment