Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May 14, 2013 Paige's Butterfly Run

The Joy of Healthy Children
The word cancer strikes fear in the hearts of everyone and when it is a child who is battling the disease it is even more frightening. There are several families in my region who have had to cope with the ordeal of cancer. They become experts at the terminology of the illness and treatments that their children must endure. There are many events to help these parents pay for some of their expenses and assist in funding ongoing research for cures. One such group is called Paige's Butterfly Run which is in memory of a young girl from Syracuse. My niece is participating in this race, and today I  made a donation to support this cause. I am forever grateful for the health of the children I work with as well as those in my family, but we mustn't forget that our fellow citizens who are confronting cancer need our emotional, spiritual, and financial assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment