Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 8, 2013 Cookies for the Custodian

The Challenge of Maintaining a Building
Although this blog was designed to document my planned and random acts of kindness performed during 2013, I was the recipient of so many gestures of goodwill today, that I would be remiss if I didn't thank people for them. This morning I received a heartfelt note from a close colleague which touched me deeply, and this afternoon as part of teacher appreciation week, we were served a delicious luncheon by parents, staff, administrators, and Student Council. The sweets arrived early to the table in the teachers room which allowed us to snack on them all morning- a type of breakfast, brunch, lunch extending several hours! On a second  trip to the baked goods feast, I saw one of our maintenance men lying on his back taking apart a drinking fountain. This employee is the go-to guy for any and all repairs in this large building. I quickly brought one of the delicious cookies to him and invited him to our meal. I hope he was able to attend, but it is possible that he couldn't find the time. He never seems to have a spare moment with all the needs of this school. At least, I know he enjoyed the cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment