Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, May 25, 2013

May 25, 2013 Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) in New England

New Hampshire
We drove in four New England states today on the way home from graduation. There wasn't much opportunity for random acts of kindness because I was in the car for most of the day. I had planned on paying the toll for the car behind us, but that idea was scratched when we took a wrong turn missing the toll. Usually something happens and a chance to surprise someone is presented to me. We stopped at a rest area in New Hampshire to stretch our legs. In the vending machine area, I overheard two young girls discuss with their mother how hungry they were and what a difficult decision the selection of snacks would be with so many machines. When they went around the corner to check out the candy bars, I approached the mother with a few one dollar bills, explained that I liked to surprise others with RAK, and asked her to share them with the girls. She was astonished and delighted to pass the gift to them. I can imagine their thrill at being able to choose an additional treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment