Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 15, 2013 The Cost of Graduation

The Importance of Graduation Gowns
The announcements had been made all week that the caps and gowns were arriving on Wednesday, and the payment was due at the time of pick-up. The senior class photo would also be taken of the students in their regalia. I had a nagging feeling that not everyone could afford these outfits, and so with the help of the secretaries, we identified a few who might struggle to paid this fee. I chose one girl who merited a little financial help, quietly asked a co-worker to pass my contribution to the collector of money, and I left the mass of excited seniors. I was later informed that this student was overjoyed to have a cap and gown. She hadn't believed that she could be in the picture with her class because she had no money to pay for the clothing. It brought tears to my eyes to hear of her excitement and appreciation for this small gift at such an important time in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment