Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Thursday, May 30, 2013

May 30, 2013 Daily Strength from Friends

Good Friends
There is a wonderful book called Daily Strength for Daily Needs which was originally published in 1884. The preface states that this volume is meant to "help strengthen the reader to perform the duties ...with cheerfulness and courage." Each page has quotes for the day which provide food for thought. I purchased two of these books, one to keep and one to give to a friend who is always ready to take a walk, have a chat, or share a cup of tea. I offered this gift to my friend today when we met to spend some time catching up on news.  Much to my surprise, when I returned home from this visit, someone had left a beautiful shrub for me to plant. Don't forget to let your friends know how much you value their presence in your life. They are irreplaceable.

Today's Quote " Thus man is made equal to every event. He can face danger for the right. A poor, tender, painful body, he can run into flames or bullets or pestilence, with duty for his guide."
R. W. Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment