Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Sunday, May 26, 2013

May 26, 2013 Sunday Errands: Phones and Groceries

Waiting in line
I had several errands to run today including renewing a phone contract. The company to which I subscribe has a recycle program that donate phones to victims of domestic violence. I was happy to be able to give a phone to this effort. I plan on locating some other old phones we have and dropping them off at the office. Later in the day, at the grocery store as I was waiting in line, I noticed the woman behind me had few items so I let her go ahead of me. Several minutes later, I looked in back of my cart and saw a young couple who also had a handful of canned goods. I told them to go in front of me, as well.Then, I glanced back one more time to see a woman carrying a cake. As I let her pass in front of me, the store clerk laughed and said that she hoped she would see me at the register soon. It was worth the extra minutes to see how much these people appreciated being let through the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment