Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Friday, May 17, 2013

May 17, 2013 The Gift of Words

Happy Reading!
In these days of technology, it is difficult to find people who read the newspaper, page through a magazine, or devour a book. Print is being replaced by digital methods of gathering information. I have a Kindle and often use the Internet to research a topic, but I still prefer to turn the pages with my fingers and write messages in the margins with my own hand. Today I gave a French/English dictionary to a student. Yes, I realize that most people use Google to find the translation, but this student has a spark which leads me to believe that she will enjoy thumbing through the listings of expressions and studying the meanings of those verbose French remarks. I have seen her curiosity about the world beyond our classroom, and I think that she will take this little book to expand her knowledge of terms and utterances. A dictionary is a treasure chest of new phrases waiting to be expressed orally or in writing. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment