Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2, 2013 YUDA Bands: Making a Friend Happy

YUDA Band
My students come to me with the best ideas. A few weeks ago, one of my juniors asked if I could help her with a service project at our school called the YUDA Band Project. This effort involves selling bracelets made by teenagers in Guatemala to help fund scholarship programs to enable them to continue their studies. I was thrilled to assist her in attaining the approval and completing necessary paperwork. The bracelets arrived today; the interest  from students and teachers was immediate. One colleague's attention was quickly drawn to a bracelet with two hearts, and she asked me to set it aside until she had the money. I put it away, but as soon as she was out of sight I paid for it and sent the project organizer to this instructor's room with the desired bracelet. Seeing her smile and receiving a big hug later this morning made my day. It is the little things that can make a friend happy sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment