Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 19, 2013 Thirsty?

The Pleasure of Water, France
When I am at work, finding time to run to the restroom, get a drink, or have a bite to eat have to be scheduled. One can not bid farewell to a class of twenty-five teenagers and run out the door to fulfill some basic need. Chaos could result or at the very least some valuable teaching time would be lost Perhaps that is why I am aware that when others are working and I am not, these employees may need a break, but are unable to take one. Today I had to go grocery shopping. As in usually the case on a Sunday, the store was filled with customers. While I was waiting in the checkout line, I saw a couple of workers whom I know. I asked them to choose a beverage from the cooler located next to the cash register, added their selections to my large pile of groceries, and paid for them along with my food.  They seemed happy to have a unexpected drink in the middle of their shift, and I was delighted to have offered them a little surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment