Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sept. 11, 2013 Bakery Treats

We were in search of a good cup of coffee and a light breakfast to convince our bodies that we weren't suffering from jet lag. The narrow store front squeezed  between a hotel and a business looked enticing. We were  greeted by a friendly woman and the perfume of baking bread . The display counter held a wide variety of treats including pain au chocolat, a pastry similar to a croissant with a small bar of chocolate baked in the center. These were my favorite snack when I lived in France, and I rarely pass them up when they are available. The pain was perfect this morning, and I knew I wanted to share this gastronomic pleasure with the next customer, so I paid it forward.The employee was delighted to accommodate my  request. RAKs in new cities are fun to complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment