Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sept. 4, 2013 Music for the Ages

Village Concert
Music is such a powerful tool in life. It can soothe, revive, energize, and relax. From records, to 8 tracks, to cassette tapes, and CDs, music has been enjoyed by generations of people in their homes and later, in their cars. The I Pod has replaced many of these old fashioned methods of listening to songs; however, I still have a wonderful collection of CDs which I play from time to time. I cleaned out my storage case a bit today, and amassed a stack of old compact disks, many of them containing tunes from the 40s and 50s which we had purchased for many ice skating routines. I took a bag of these CDs over to the senior housing complex this morning. The director was delighted to put them on their shelves for the residents to borrow and enjoy. There was a lively group of seniors in the community room. I think they will appreciate the music I left for them!

1 comment:

  1. Oh excellent!!! I am so glad that idea worked out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete