Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sept.3, 2013 Duped#forgiveness

.The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
Mahatma Gandhi

Au Sable River, New York
When I walked into our rental property today, I knew something was amiss. The reservation had been for one couple using one room, and two couples greeted us with profuse praise for our house. I said nothing about the extra people, but could sense that I had surprised them with my visit. I was in the kitchen after having completed several hours of cleaning, when one of the woman approached me to explain that they had used an additional room without paying. I told her that I appreciated her honesty, and we were going to let this go because they have been steady clients. Perhaps I should have been less accepting of this deed for they intended to dupe us by using our room for free, but it felt better to leave on good terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment