Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sept. 26, 2013 Spading Up the Spuds

Potatoes Galore
Our potato crop is bountiful, and today we began the process of digging them up. It is a treasure hunt to bury the shovel deep in the soil and watch the potatoes drop back to the ground with each clump of dirt. White potatoes, blue potatoes, fat ones, and tiny ones, what satisfaction there is to fill bucket after bucket with these tubers. Spuds are for sharing, and I began the process this morning when I dropped off a dozen at the home of some dear friends. They will be surprised to see the potato fairy came to their house. Next, I took another bagful to the neighbors
across the street. It was a perfect exchange for the box of books they gave me for my sidewalk library last week. I will be handing out potatoes for several days. Let me know if you want some!

No comments:

Post a Comment