Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Friday, September 6, 2013

Sept. 6, 2013 Good Intention vs Inattention

Drivers Beware
I truly had good intentions when I left early this morning for a Student Council meeting. I had a plan to stop by Dunkin Donuts for a large box of munchkins to leave on the table of the faculty room for my former colleagues to enjoy. I had never gone through this particular drive- though before, but that is a weak excuse if you were one of the seven cars in line as I drove directly to the window bypassing the ordering station. I did not see the queue of vehicles nor the big sign listing what could be purchased. You can imagine the confusion on the face of the employee when I requested a box of munchkins and she handed me two huge specialty drinks! It was too complicated to explain, so I just paid for both orders and inconspicuously tried to disappear which is nearly impossible when you are driving a big gold van. At least the customers behind me had their drinks paid for, and my fellow teachers liked the donuts. Furthermore, to make up for my unintended rudeness this morning, I gave a coupon to a friendly woman from Quebec this afternoon at the mall. I hope those RAKs compensate for my absent-mindedness!

No comments:

Post a Comment