Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Sept. 7, 2013 House renovation#welcome#neighborhood

House Dating from 1860
There is a house not far from us which had fallen into disrepair. Abandoned at least five years ago, the porch was sagging, the chimney leaning, the paint peeling, and weeds growing all around the foundation. It was an eyesore, but deserved to be rescued. It was finally purchased, and slowly we have witnessed it restored to its original simple beauty. I noticed a family leaving this building this afternoon, and much to my surprise, I saw them again in a little clothing shop downtown. I introduced myself  and then explained that we were delighted with their reconstruction efforts and the positive impact it has had on the neighborhood. They seemed appreciative of my comments and welcome to the community. A sincere greeting goes a long ways in making people feel comfortable in new surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment