Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Friday, September 27, 2013

Sept. 27, 2013 Unexpected Restaurant Visit

I know that most of us still enjoy getting a personal note in the mail, even if it is a slow, old-fashioned means of communication. I decided to send one letter to a family member with a photo enclosed and one card to another relative with some useful coupons. Holding the
 cards in one hand and steering my bike with the other, I rode to the post office to mail these items. That's when my real random act of kindness began! As I parked my bike, a woman approached me to ask if I would go into the nearby restaurant with her because she was afraid to enter by herself. She went on to say that one of the workers made her extremely uncomfortable. It was not my place to judge if this threat was real or imagined, but her fear was genuine, so I accompanied her inside, watching as she placed her order for a takeout meal which she said quietly is her one treat each month. She thanked me over and over for my willingness to help her as we parted ways. A planned act of kindness led to an unexpected opportunity to assist someone. You never know what each day will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment