Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sept. 24, 2013 Heading West#movingday

Moving Out
My act today was a gift of time and energy to my oldest son, his wife, and daughter. They have decided to relocate back to the west, and with that comes hours of organizing, packing, and loading up the enormous truck. I occupied my grand
daughter yesterday in order for them to move the large items without fear of tripping over this precocious, active almost two year old. But, today I wanted to be with my son and daughter-in-law, so we arrived ready to pack up the kitchen, repackage loose childhood treasures, and lug boxes out to the truck. It was satisfying to be able to help, but bittersweet knowing the goodbyes were approaching. I raised this son and my other children to be independent and free. I am so sad at their departure, but joyous that they will be happy in their house out west where the mountains beckon them to ski, ride, hike, and climb. I gave him wings; now I must let him go.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for all your help. We'd still be loading if not for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed every minute of our day together. It made the packing fun!

      Delete
  2. Have a safe trip, Colin, Sarah, and Sage. Janet, sometimes our children's wings grow very large!!!!! Anthony flaps his everyday! lol Nick and Nikki also love the west.

    ReplyDelete