Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sept. 14,2013 Peaceful#oregonbeach

It was hard to distinguish where the ocean met the sky today on this foggy afternoon along the Oregon Coast. The horizon was lost in an pale gray haze, but the crashing of the waves which had lulled us to sleep last night, beckoned us to walk along the water's edge to look for shells and other treasures swept in with the tide. We were among a handful of people at this beach, and with no distractions, we  settled in to a quiet stroll reflecting on the beauty of the sea and sand. A blue object near some driftwood caught my attention , so I went closer to examine it. Someone had dropped a shirt. I placed it on one of the branches creating a sort of flag which I figured might draw the attention of the owner. And then I resumed my meander beside the powerful, yet peaceful Pacific.

No comments:

Post a Comment