Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sept. 1, 2013 Gum Ball Machines

Parents of young children dread shopping with these youngsters when there are snacks and candy bars next to the checkout lane. It is so difficult to be firm with the pleas of  "I'm hungry" and" I promise I'll still eat my dinner" as they try to grab the colorful packages. My children didn't beg for the candy, but they were drawn to the assorted machines filled with gum, plastic toys, and bouncy balls next the exit of the grocery store. Despite my insistence that these trinkets would break quickly, they still wanted to purchase one.
 Today I stopped by the row of vending machines and placed a quarter in each one. I hope the children who came along were surprised by this little gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment