Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, September 30, 2013

Sept. 30, 2013 Newspaper Stands#lakeplacid

Main Street, Lake Placid
I have lamented the fact that fewer and fewer people read newspapers these days, and today as I was enjoying this spectacular fall day walking through the little Olympic village, I came upon one of those old fashioned stands that sells the paper. Do individuals still use these, I wondered? They must, because they are scattered throughout this town for residents and tourists to pick up a copy of the latest news. How quaint and refreshing to think that this company still trusts people to take only one when the whole stack is exposed after the insertion of change releases the door! I placed some coins in the slot of the box this afternoon. Someone will be happy that their paper was free, or perhaps a child will check the coin return button and be rewarded with a few quarters. What a nice surprise that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment