Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sept. 22, 2013 Earliest Memory

And then we were three!
The impending birth of my first brother is my earliest memory. At age three, I distinctly remember my mother saying that she thought this baby would never come, and I believed her. In my young mind, this meant that the sibling I was impatient to meet, would not arrive. Of course, he was born shorter thereafter, many days overdue, and then we were a family of three children, eventually expanding to five. This brother celebrates his birthday tomorrow, so today I made him a cake as a surprise. We don't do much celebrating for birthdays, and I know he'll be pleased. He certainly deserves a treat from me for he is always willing to lend a hand, watch our pets, share in house renovations, and move furniture! His wife said he wasn't feeling well this morning, and perhaps the dessert will have to wait until tomorrow, but at least he knows his older sister was
thinking of him. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment