Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sept. 28, 2013 The Perfect Dog

Birki
There is a hollow spot in our house tonight. Our beautiful thirteen year old golden retriever, Birki, passed away this morning. We are heavy hearted at the loss of this dog who understood us so well, and was always happy to be playing, camping, hiking, rolling in the mud, and traveling as long as she could be with her family. Our younger dog, Soleil, does not know life without her companion, and she will need plenty of diversions. This afternoon, while out on a walk with her, a man pulled up in his car next to us and ask if we had seen a golden retriever about the same size as the dog I was walking. His dog had escaped this morning, and I knew that I needed to help this family. My husband and I drove around the village and surrounding area, but didn't find his pet. Tomorrow I will go to their house to see if he has returned home. Still sorrowful at the loss of Birki, we sought the peacefulness of the woods to go for a hike. The trails were unmarked and we chose them at random, hoping to not become disoriented. Suddenly, I spied a bright object next to my feet. A tennis ball! I truly believe Birki was with us on that walk. I brought that ball home and tomorrow we'll be playing fetch out in the yard for as long as Soleil want to chase it.
It will be therapy for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment