Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sept. 16 - 18, 2013 Towers, Telephones, and Toddlers

Yaquina Head Lighthouse, Oregon
It is very difficult to write a blog without Internet access which was the case for the last three days, but the acts of kindness are still easily performed. I visited an old light house whose construction was begun in 1872 and has been operating continuously since 1873. It requires much upkeep due to its age, and I made a donation to assist this cause. The following day, my kindness deed was much more personal when I bought new land line phones for my mother, so she wouldn't have to hurry through her house to answer the phone. Finally today, which was spent primarily in airports, I noticed a young mother with a baby standing behind me in the security clearance line. The child was starting to fuss, so I offered to let her pass ahead of me to be screened by the next officer. She was very grateful for this small gesture. Three very diverse actions, but all were appreciated by the recipients.

No comments:

Post a Comment