Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sept. 5, 2013 Simple Outreach#randomactofkindness

September Sunset, Vermont
I should not be surprised anymore when an opportunity for an act of kindness presents itself so readily. If one is open to the possibility that a fellow human might need assistance or a day brightened, it is easy to find a chance to reach out. This morning I was at our local café placing an order when I noticed that an older couple had just walked in. They are the relatives of some elderly neighbors who had passed away several years ago, so now I rarely see these folks. I quickly handed a few bills to the server requesting that she use the money to pay for their coffee. Their pleasure at receiving a free beverage was obvious. Later this afternoon as I was walking with a friend, we came upon a young woman who had had a very stressful night dealing with work, school, and internet problems. Exhausted, she had just pulled into her driveway, her car filled with boxes of groceries. When I told her we would carry her food in for her, the look on her face was relief and gratitude. It was a simple gesture, but greatly appreciated. Again, I am reminded that a single small act can improve a moment for others very simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment