Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sept. 25, 2013 RAK at Hospital

I so admire those individuals who work well with the ill. One of my closest friends often tends to acquaintances who have medical conditions, and she volunteers at the hospital. She is comfortable and caring in these situations while I am apprehensive. I spent much of today undergoing minor surgery, and you can probably guess that I was tense. The nurses, anesthesiologist, and doctor reassured me greatly, but being a patient is not my forte. I was asked if I wanted to participate in a study about the sedation procedure being used, and I agreed. I figured it would be useful for the field and what's another IV stuck in me, anyway? This was going to be my RAK, but my doctor nixed the plan right before surgery. In my groggy state of mind, I asked my husband what I could do as an act of kindness. Much to my surprise, he returned a few minutes later with candy bars for the nurses. They were delighted with this treat, and I went home to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment