Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Oct. 1, 2013 At the Hair Salon#lookinggood

Hair Salon
I have never had a pedicure or a manicure. I have never been to a spa for a massage, but I do let myself be pampered at the hair dresser's. What a treat is it to relax there while someone else washes my hair with delicious smelling shampoo and conditioner. I can take along a book to enjoy or peruse the magazines that I otherwise don't read. I like interacting with the employees and their clients of all ages from the toddler in for a first cut to the ninety year old  who has had the same style for decades. In particular, I appreciate those over eighty year olds who look forward to getting out of the house to socialize. I asked my hair stylist today if she had regular customers who come every week for a wash and set. Very quickly, she thought of a woman around eighty, a single mother, very sweet, who was coming in later this week. After conferring with a co-worker who works with this individual, they agreed that this was the perfect recipient for my act of kindness. I left the money with them for her upcoming appointment. I think the employees are as excited as I am to surprise this nice lady with a free hair styling. No matter what the age, all of us deserve to feel good about our appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment