Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Friday, October 11, 2013

Oct. 11, 2013 Chance Encounters#RAK

The Traditional Fall Pep Rally
Most days I come upon a chance encounter which offers an opportunity for an act of kindness, and if nothing presents itself, I look a little deeper to find a need near me. Today, I went to the store to buy supplies for the Student Council pep rally games. While I was parking, I noticed a tent set up which was staffed by several men who were collecting donations and canned goods for the local food shelf. I searched the bottom of my purse for a couple of bills and happily put them in their canister. This afternoon I helped coordinate the crazy, noisy pep rally in which 450 teenagers screamed and watched their friends compete at silly games for 80 minutes. A fellow teacher asked me if I minded  reading the thank you messages this evening at the boys Senior Night soccer game.  I am delighted to do this for such a great group of athletes. I have a difficult time saying no to anyone who requests my assistance. I suppose that is why I always find plenty of chances to render a good deed!

No comments:

Post a Comment