Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Oct. 2, 2013 Enthusiastic Recipients

Enthusiasm
There hasn't been a single deed of kindness in this yearlong project for which I expected a thank you. Most often, my favorite actions have been those where the recipient had no idea who performed the act. But today, when I brought in food from our garden for a former colleague, and she shouted loudly and eagerly "Yay! Potatoes!!" , it made me feel great. A few minutes later, I gave a small coffee maker which I no longer needed to a student, and she expressed her gratitude with a thanks and a hug. I feel blessed to be surrounded by such warm, caring people, and it does my heart good to offer them small things which they receive with so much enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment