Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, October 14, 2013

Oct. 14, 2013 Holiday Traffic

A Road Less Traveled, Vermont
It is a holiday on both sides of the border - American Columbus Day and Canadian Thanksgiving. There are plenty of people out celebrating which results in a plethora of cars on our only interstate highway. I decided to take a pledge today to remain calm and patient with the other drivers, many of whom appear to drive badly and aggressively. I allowed two enormous RVs turn in front of me with a smile and a wave. I slowed down considerably to permit a truck carrying bins filled with freshly picked apples to merge onto the highway because I couldn't change lanes. When one driver took the parking space I was heading toward, I resisted the urge to glare at him, and calmly chose another. Okay, I will admit that seeing  three different cars who had earlier flown by me, pulled over by the troopers made me grin. I suppose considerate driving is an act of kindness which is under appreciated by fellow travelers. Perhaps a few of them noticed. Bonne Route!!

No comments:

Post a Comment