Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Oct. 12, 2013 Lost Little Boy

A Handsome Boy
Please forgive me for describing an RAK from last night in today's post, but it was too special not to include in my blog. There were hundreds of people at the evening soccer game watching the boys in a scoreless event. The bonfire was to follow, and the students were loud and rambunctious in anticipation of the conflagration. Suddenly, a former student walked in front of the crowd with a little boy shouting "Where's my mother?". The child was scared both from being lost and from the booming voice of the teenager. I quickly got out of my chair, walked to them, and quietly asked the youngster a few questions to which he replied that he didn't know - his name, his parents' names, his hometown. So, we circled back towards the visiting team's fans taking our time. He then took my hand and remembered his name was Lucas. His dad saw him first; both were equally relieved, as was I! A quick thank you from child and father, and we returned to our respective sides. All's well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment