Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Oct. 13, 2013 Popcorn#boyscouts

The Joys of Camping
I am a big fan of popcorn. Nowadays, I use the microwave method to pop those delicious kernels, but when I was a child, my father made the best popcorn in the world in a large covered pan on the stovetop. It was tricky to get it all popped without burning it. So, it is no surprise that I had to stop to talk to the boy who sat with his troop master at a large table filled with all sorts of popcorn this morning. I told him that I was impressed with his knowledge about the fundraiser, and he smiled shyly telling me that the information was taped to the display in front of him. We selected a bag of caramel corn which resembled Cracker Jacks without the trinket. Keeping in mind that this was a donation to the local scouts, my husband and I jokingly guessed that each piece of popcorn must have cost us a quarter. Despite the problems the national Scouting program has had, the local troops offer great experiences for our youth, and I was happy to contribute the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment