Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Oct. 23, 2013 Spaghetti Dinners

Spaghetti Dinner Preparation
I spent about four hours today helping make spaghetti sauce, over fifty gallons of this Italian specialty! This weekend, there are two dinners being held in our village - one is a fund raiser for a political party and the other is a meal to celebrate the arrival of a priest at a local church. You probably think that I am a member of this party and church, but I am not. So why would I spend all afternoon working for these efforts? The answer is quite simple. First, it gave me the opportunity to be with some great friends, and second, these community dinners are really for all of us to gather together, enjoy a delicious meal, and catch up on the news of our neighbors and acquaintances. Life is too short to let political and religious differences keep localities apart. Remember to support these regional suppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment