Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Oct. 21-22, 2013 Fellow Travelers

Red Rocks, Colorado
One meets many interesting travelers on the road, particularly when exploring outside of the traditional season of summer or school vacations. Yesterday, during a visit to Red Rocks in Colorado, I came upon an older woman and her husband who were visiting from Hawaii. She asked us for directions to a lake which we had never heard of. We explained that we were not from this area, but I offered to go get the map which I had in the car. She was relieved, as we studied the map together, that I could trace the routes they needed to take to return to the lake where they were staying. Today was a day spent again in airports; however, I was able to assist one lady with her luggage as it became unbalanced nearly knocking her over. My husband came to the rescue of a woman who couldn't put her oxygen bag back together. He managed to get it all zipped up
. And finally, we have been the recipients of so many acts of kindness in the past several days. There are plenty of people who are still polite and generous across this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment