Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, October 28, 2013

Oct 28, 2013 Running an Errand for a Friend

High Peaks, Adirondacks: Today's View
Don't get me wrong, retirement has its perks! It is relaxing to not rush out the door in the morning, but rather take your time slowly preparing to begin the day; however, I am one who needs to feel productive with some goals to accomplish. I had the opportunity to visit with a woman who is the mother of a good friend and the grandmother to two of my former students, and I asked her if she still tried to establish things to get done each day. She emphatically answered yes, explaining that she had a to-do list for various tasks; although, her children would no longer allow her to climb on the ladder to wash the windows! So with that good advice, I will continue to compose a list of "should-do" and "must-do" which today included going to a store in Lake Placid to exchange an item for a friend. She works hard each day, and I am free, so I was happy to be able to take care of this errand for her. It will save her time and money, and I loved putting this on my to-do list because it helped her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment