Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Oct. 15 - 16, 2013. Traveling and Exploring#bouldercolorado

On the road again with plenty of time in airports limits random acts of kindness beyond expected politeness. Giving fellow passengers space in the crowded plane, offering to hoist bags up into the overhead compartments, allowing others to exit before you are deeds which should be common courtesy. Little special actions can be more difficult to perform with the bustling public, so I brought along a brand new crossword puzzle book which I left in a boarding area in Atlanta. I am certain that an individual picked it up to enjoy on one of the long flights. Today, I was able to explore beautiful downtown Boulder, a pedestrian mall lined with shops, restaurants, cafes, and bookstores. While eating lunch I noticed a young woman interacting with passers-by. Having finished my meal quickly, I went outside to chat with her and learned that she represented a human rights group specifically targeting gay rights issues. We had a great visit and I left a donation for this group's efforts which I find so important. We will see what RAK tomorrow brings as we head into the Rockies.

No comments:

Post a Comment