Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Friday, October 4, 2013

Oct. 4, 2013 Former Students#traveling#helpingothers

Student Trip   Venice, Italy
Between three different states and several educational institutions, I must have taught thousands of students, and many of them stand out in my mind for their qualities and personalities. It is so rewarding when they keep in touch letting me know where they have gone and what paths they have taken. Today I received a letter from a young woman who graduated a few years ago explaining that she will be participating in a trip to Haiti in a few months where she will help out in orphanages and schools. What a great opportunity for a person from our rural community to experience another culture so vastly different! I sent a small donation on her behalf to her college to help defray some of her expenses. Travel is an important means in developing an understanding of the world we live in. I am proud that so many of my former pupils have pursued adventures across all the continents.

No comments:

Post a Comment