Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Oct. 10, 2013 Parallel Parking

Parallel Parking, Lake Placid, NY
Many of us practice parallel parking enough to pass the driver's test and then avoid situations where we have to use it. My children had to learn to put a large van between those parked cars to succeed at their examination because the family car has been a van for over fifteen years. Today, I was seated at a window in a restaurant overlooking a busy street lined with parallel parking spots. A young woman very carefully and slowly inched a small black car back and forth into a tiny space. When she exited, that sedan was near the curb with mere inches between the other vehicles! As I was leaving the restaurant, I noticed she was waiting in line to place her order. The smile on her face was huge when I complimented her on her superb job of parking that car. She told me that it was a friend's car and she had been so nervous about damaging it. Again, I told her that we were impressed with her skills. It was a quick conversation, but one that left us both grinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment