Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Oct.20, 2013 You've Been Booed!

I learned of a new tradition this week which is practiced around this time of the year out West. It is similar to the old custom of leaving a May Basket secretly on someone's doorstep, but this involved leaving a bag of Halloween treats on their porch. It is called "getting booed". With this surprise, a sheet of paper is included which explains that you must post the enclosed sign telling the neighborhood that you've been booed and then continue the practice by booing two other families. I  choose to put together a basket of goodies for a young man with Down's Sydrome who lives next door to my relatives . Although I haven't met this individual, my daughter-in-law said he loves holidays and being involved.  I am sure he'll enjoy this plastic pumpkin filled with fun things. I  certainly loved putting it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment