Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Oct. 26, 2013 Sharing a Photo of Peace

Chapel, Allenspark, Colorado
I rarely discuss religion with anyone because it is such a personal issue, but I do value the messages of kindness, caring, and integrity that many people share regardless of the denominations they belong to. Last week in Colorado, I came upon a beautiful chapel perched on a rock with a statue nearby all nestled in a valley with a backdrop of the majestic Rockies. It was a breathtaking, spiritual setting which made me immediately think of a woman I know who lives in my village. She has a strong faith, often posting quotes which are guides for leading a compassionate life. She and her husband, a fellow educator, have raised four daughters, all of whom I had the joy to work with as their teacher, to be solid, strong young women. I sent that photo to this woman today because I wanted her to know that the peacefulness of this location whispered her name to me that afternoon. I hope she can visit it some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment