Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, November 11, 2013

Nov. 11, 2013 Pass the Wine , Please.

You've Been Wined!
Several weeks ago, I thought of an activity to surprise my friends and encourage others to pay it forward. Calling it "You've been wined!", I created a flyer which explains that the recipient has received a bottle of wine with the request that they pass another bottle on to someone else with a copy of this notice. Today, I met the mother of a great young friend, and knowing how much I appreciate her daughter, I was certain that I would like her mother. She was the first to "be wined", and she immediately knew who she wanted to pass it on to. My next destination was to the house of a former colleague who retired several years ago. I haven't seen her much recently, but I know she likes wine. We talked for over an hour, catching up on family and travel news. What a wonderful day spent enjoying the company of these gregarious, intelligent women. Beware: you may be the next one "to be wined".

No comments:

Post a Comment